The holiday of Sukkot is an incredibly child-friendly, experiential holiday where Jewish values and traditions are explored in a fun, sensory, inviting way. Sukkot begins the evening of October 9, 2022.
Sukkot resources and ideas:
- Get a refresher on Sukkot from these videos from BimBam.
- Learn more about Sukkot at myjewishlearning.com
- How to shake the lulav and etrog.
- Give the holiday a Social Justice Spin.
- Not building a full Sukkah this year? Try making an edible sukkah or even a pillow fort!
- Bake a lulav and etrog shaped challah.
- Family Sukkot Activities
- Create your own model Sukkah inspired by these images
Songs and videos
- Enjoy the Fountainheads Holiday Classic Living’ in a Booth.
- The Sukkot Shake
- The Maccabeats rock out Sukkos Style.
Order your own sukkah
Having a sukkah at your home builds memories for your family that inspires them to live Jewishly throughout their lives. You can order your sukkah from a variety of vendors, including www.Sukkot.com which has reasonably priced sukkot. The tubular ones are very easy to put together.
Financial assistance is available confidentially. Contact Rabbi Bronstein for more information.
You can contact us with any questions you have about purchasing a sukkah. If you purchase one, we’d love to hear about your experience with your new sukkah!
Wishing you a Shanah Tovah—Happy New Year
Rabbi Les Bronstein and Lisa Jacobs, Director of Family Education & Engagement